Sharps and Blood Bourne Viruses
Course Code: HSSBBV1118V1-0.5
Duration: Half day
Target Audience: All staff
Min/Max Delegates: 6 / 12
Sector: Health and Safety
Course Aims: To provide essential safety information for staff at risk from sharps and blood bourne viruses
Course Objectives: By the end of this course delegates will:
- Be aware of blood bourne viruses and how you could be infected.
- Identify the hazards associated with sharps and needlesticks.
- Identify situations where you may be exposed to sharps and needle sticks and know safe precautions to take.
- Explore company policy and legal outlines on the management of sharps.
- Understand what to do if you suffer a puncture injury.
- Understand how to store and dispose of sharps and needlesticks.
Format: Classroom learning
Assessment: Tutor qualitive assessment
Enquiry about Sharps and Blood Bourne Viruses