Managing Violence & Aggression
Course Code: PDMVA0618-0.5
Duration: Half Day
Min / Max Delegates: 8 / 12
Sector: People Development
Course Aims: To build an understanding of how to manage challenging situations professionally and safely in customer-facing working environment.
Course Objectives: By the end of this half-day workshop, delegates will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of what is meant by violent and/or aggressive behaviour within a customer-facing work environment.
- Understand the benefits of preventing potentially violent and/or aggressive customer behaviours and how to do so in practice.
- Identify how to spot the signs of potential conflict.
- Understand how to diffuse conflict in a polite and professional manner and thereby de-escalate violent situations.
- Share some suggestions for dealing with the after-effects of a violent incident.
Format: Tutor led workshop
Assessment: Qualitative assessment by Tutor during workshop
Enquiry about Managing Violence & Aggression